Good Evening everyone… the time is ticking away and this year is practically over!! I am glad that we have all made it this far and are moving onward to a new year. I know that a lot of people make new years resolutions about this time for the coming year and I have come across a couple of things that I find will be helpful in this coming year. One focuses on making Jesus more of a priority in the new year from Angela of Good Morning Girls and the other is written by Shannon Kaiser of Mind Body Green focuses on letting go of things you don’t need to take into the new year with you!!! I hope you find them helpful.
Being Intentionally Focused by Angela of goodmorninggirls.org
I’m so excited to announce our upcoming winter study……Intentionally FOCUSED!
I absolutely LOVE new starts, new beginnings so that’s probably why I love the month of January so much! Not because it’s cold but because it’s that special time of year when we make new goals, dream new dreams and make our New Year resolutions! Ohhh yes, I know that making New Year resolutions can be a love-hate relationship for many of us! We love the new start to the year and look forward to what we plan on accomplishing. We start out with high hopes only to get discouraged a few weeks or months into the year when the new year doesn’t seem any different than the year before. But this year lets start it out a little differently. Let’s focus our lives on God this 2014. Let’s take the different areas of our lives and live this year as passionately, as intentionally as if it’s our last. (not to be morbid…..but to be purposeful…..to be focused)
How about you, friend? Do you want to start this year out focusing your life on what really matters? Me too! During our 8 week winter Bible study we will be focusing on:
- Our spiritual lives
- Our minds
- Our marriages
- Our friendships
- Our children
- Our ministries
- Our health
So what do you think….are you in? I’d so love for you to join us this winter as we focus on God and His Word in these core areas of our lives! I know it’s going to be life changing!
For those of you wondering, we will have enrollment this session which means if you’d like to join a group we will have groups forming starting January 6th and ending January 17th!!! Stay tuned for more details!
Let’s Talk: What are some of your New Year resolutions? Which week of our upcoming study are you most looking forward to and why?
Want to start your own personal group? GREAT! Share this image with your friends and invite them to join you this winter!
Not taking useless worries into the new year by Shannon Kaiser of mindbodygreen.com
Letting go of my worries and stress made a difference for me; of course I still dip in and out of some of my stress jar from time to time, but I’ve found this list a good reminder of what I need to strive for each day in order to reach unlimited happiness.
Here are 20 things to let go of in order to reach unlimited happiness.
1. Let go of all thoughts that don’t make you feel empowered and strong.
2. Let go of feeling guilty for doing what you truly want to do.
3. Let go of the fear of the unknown; take one small step and watch the path reveal itself.
4. Let go of regrets; at one point in your life, that “whatever” was exactly what you wanted.
5. Let go of worrying; worrying is like praying for what you don’t want.
6. Let go of blaming anyone for anything; be accountable for your own life. If you don’t like something, you have two choices, accept it or change it.
7. Let go of thinking you are damaged; you matter, and the world needs you just as you are.
8. Let go of thinking your dreams are not important; always follow your heart.
9. Let go of being the “go-to person” for everyone, all the time; stop blowing yourself off and take care of yourself first … because you matter.
10. Let go of thinking everyone else is happier, more successful or better off than you. You are right where you need to be. Your journey is unfolding perfectly for you.
11. Let go of thinking there’s a right and wrong way to do things or to see the world. Enjoy the contrast and celebrate the diversity and richness of life.
12. Let go of cheating on your future with your past. It’s time to move on and tell a new story.
13. Let go of thinking you are not where you should be. You are right where you need to be to get to where you want to go, so start asking yourself where you want to go.
14. Let go of anger toward ex lovers and family. We all deserve happiness and love; just because it is over doesn’t mean the love was wrong.
15. Let go of the need to do more and be more; for today, you’ve done the best you can, and that’s enough.
16. Let go of thinking you have to know how to make it happen; we learn the way on the way.
17. Let go of your money woes — make a plan to pay off debt and focus on your abundance.
18. Let go of trying to save or change people. Everyone has her own path, and the best thing you can do is work on yourself and stop focusing on others.
19. Let go of trying to fit in and be accepted by everyone. Your uniqueness is what makes you outstanding.
20. Let go of self-hate. You are not the shape of your body or the number on the scale. Who you are matters, and the world needs you as you are. Celebrate you!